Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Keymaster
    Keymaster

Many gamers complain that the ping is too high and the connection speed is not fast enough. However, not everyone knows that very often the problem does not depend on the Riot servers, but on their router / modem or on the badly configured firewall. In fact, if I asked you if you had port-forwarded on League of Legends, I bet that only a few would answer yes.

Port forwarding is an operation that will allow you to open the communication ports in your firewall / router necessary for the correct functioning of the League of Legends client, thus favoring the passage of sent / received packets with the consequence that connection problems will be drastically reduced.

If you encounter problems connecting to PVP.net or while trying to join the game rooms, it may be your firewall that blocks incoming and outgoing connections. Below you will find the list of doors to open in order to no longer have game problems:

from port 5000 to port 5500 UDP (League of Legends Game Client)
    from port 8939 to port 9400 TCP (Patcher and Maestro)
    port 2099 TCP (PVP.Net)
    port 5222 TCP (PVP.Net)
    port 5223 TCP (PVP.Net)
    port 80 TCP (HTTP Connections)
    port 443 TCP (HTTPS Connections)
    port 8088 TCP (Spectator Mode)

If you are unable to play League of Legends I suggest you follow these simple instructions:

“Click on Start. Click on Control Panel (From Category View). Click on System and Security. Click on Windows Firewall. Click on Advanced Settings. Click on the Advanced tab. In the General section, locate and click on Windows Firewall Properties. all three tabs (Domain Profile, Public Profile, Private Profile) do the following: Set the firewall status to Disabled. Click the Customize button next to Secured Network Connections. Remove the check mark from your network card. Click OK and OK again. Close all the windows you have opened. Ignore any security warning you may receive. Click on Start. Type in “services.msc”. Hit the Enter key. Scroll down the list and select Windows Firewall. Click on the Stop button at the top.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.