FreeMcBoot is a program that, once installed on the memory card of a Playstation 2, allows you to start backup copies of your PS2 games and homebrews (applications), on almost all Playstation 2 models except some (PS2 slim SCPH- 90004 Data Code 8C and higher).
Here is what it takes to install the Free McBoot:
– A Memory Card for Playstation 2 (branded, preferably original);
– A Playstation 2 with Modchip or SwapMagic;
– Disco with Free McBoot;
First download the package you prefer by choosing one of the following:
Media Player package
Features: Start games Backup, Start ELF files from pen and MC, Play various video / audio formats from pen and CD
Installed programs: ESR, Ulaunchelf, SMS Media Player click here to download this package
Hard disk package
Features: Boot Games Backup, Boot ELF files from pen and MC, Boot Backup from Hard Disk
Installed programs: ESR, Ulaunchelf, HDLoader click here to download this package
Features: Start Backup Games, Start ELF files from pen and MC, Play various Video / Audio formats from pen and CD, Start Backup from Hard Disk
Installed programs: ESR, Ulaunchelf, HDLoader, SMS Media Player click here to download this package
After downloading the version you like most, burn the extracted ISO on a low speed CD-R (no more than 4x).
If your Playstation 2 does not read the CDs (which is very likely) burn the ISO on a DVD-r always at a low speed.
Once this is done, insert the newly burned disc into your Playstation, insert the memory card and follow these steps:
1. Turning on your Playstation 2 will display this screen which will allow you to install Free McBoot inside your Memory Card.
2. Choose between Normal Install and Multi Version install. The first will install only the files necessary for your Playstation 2, while the second will install the files compatible with all Playstation 2.
3. After choosing the Memory Card on which to install Free McBoot and waiting for the end of the installation, you can remove the disk and restart the Playstation 2 with the Memory Card inserted.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For the procedure for burning and converting ISO and BIN files, I recommend reading the guide that you will find by clicking here.