Here are 5 simple tips for surfing the web safely:
- Use an antivirus software (even free antivirus like Kaspersky Security Cloud are extremely effective);
- Keep your Windows updated (don’t miss windows security updates, never!);
- Do not open “.exe” files if downloaded from unknown websites and if they do not have an icon image;
- Do not open “.bat” files until you have examined them carefully with a simple text editor;
- Use security browser extensions like Kaspersky Protection or BitDefender TrafficLight to detect malicious websites.